Undoubtedly, having Wi-Fi at home is equally necessary as electricity. Nowadays, everyone wants a fast internet connection which totally depends upon a reliable Wi-Fi network. But sometimes, a failed connection or failure to obtain the IP address of 192.168.10.1 login creates a mess.
So, if you want to know how to know, “ Wi-Fi settings for 192.168.10.1” then read this quick information mentioned below:
But before that,
What are the Frequently Occurring Causes of the “Failed to Obtain IP Address Message”?
If you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network but failed to option IP addresses or meet IP configuration failure these can be the following reasons:
- Poor Wi-Fi signal. For this, you should reduce the distance between your device & the router & check again.
- There are chances that your device does not operate properly with the set encryption method.
- It could be either malfunctioning or configuration issues.
- Try to enable MAC Filtering.
- There can be software or configuration problems with your device.
What is IP Address 192.168.10.1?
IP addresses make devices identify themselves on networks. Therefore, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority known IANA oversees global IP address allocation in order to avoid the future disastrous results of Ipv4 address exhaustion: private IP addresses.
Now, talking about 192.168.10.1, so, this is a private or special IP address that routers use as their default gateway & the login address to the router setup wizard. However, this is not a unique address to your router as most brands opt to use a selection of private IP addresses across their range of routers.
Quick Steps to Login to a Router Using 192.168.10.1
Following are the steps to log in to a router :
- To access the 192.168.10.1 admin panel, open your web browser & type http://192.168.10.1 into the address bar & then press enter. (Note: you can open any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari, or any other).
- Then after, you will see the login page of your router. You can easily fill in the required fields where will be for the admin username & the other one for the admin password. For this, take the help of our default username & password list given below.
- After finding the right login details, fill them in no time. Now, you can easily access all the settings & features including Wi-Fi access points, VPN, USB ports for printers or drivers, virtual LANs, malware & spam protection, dual & backup WAN port, & others.
Now, it’s time to know the default username & password list.
List of Default Username & Password
- 192.168.10.1 == admin == password
- 192.168.10.1 == admin == admin
- 192.168.10.1 == empty == empty
- 192.168.10.1 == admin == 1234
- 192.168.10.1 == user == user
- 192.168.10.1 == user == password
I hope you find the above list useful but if you still find yourself unable to login into the router then the following can be the reasons:
- You may have put the wrong IP address. To avoid this, simply copy & paste the correct IP address into your browser’s address bar.
- Make sure that you have established a proper physical connection in the router using an Ethernet cable before you can use the 192.168.10.1 IP address to access the admin interface. Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the router & the other end to your computer.
- Last but not the least, it may be possible that you have a faulty router. For this, you need to consult the manufacturer of the router.
Are you curious as to what “192.168.1o.1 & 192.168.10.I” are different from one another?
Logging into your router is often a complicated process when you are doing it for the first time or are a non-technical person. Right? The reason is that you may have the wrong type or misspelt as there is a number of versions available for 192.168.10.1.
So, if you are getting an error for instance: “Error 404 Not Found Page” then check out the following correct & incorrect format:
So, always choose the correct format or router IP address & get-set-up with your Wi-Fi network.
How Can I Change My WiFi Network’s Name?
Want to explore the settings of your Wi-Fi network?
Then let’s start with changing the name of your Wi-Fi network. The name that differentiates your router’s Wi-Fi network from other neighbouring networks is called the SSID. Its default name can be somewhat generic so if you want to change the name or differentiate your network then follow these steps:
- First, go to the setup menu.
- Then named option.
- Click on the wireless settings option.
- Now, in the SSID field, type your desired network name.
- Finally, save the changes.
Important note: During changing the name of your Wi-Fi network, don’t forget to set a password for security reasons. You will find a password field on the same menu where the network name was.
So, there you have almost all the information about 192.168.10.1. For more information, visit us now!!
(Keep Visiting Vishwakosh‘s blog for daily updates)